The Harvest Festival takes place this year, from 18th– 31st October around the Bothy area of the garden.
There will be displays of:
- Heritage potatoes, including Pink Fir Apple, Vitelotte and the Gloucester Black Kidney
- Pumpkins and squashes
- Heritage apples and pears from the garden – with a good crop of Blenheim Orange (apple) and Catillac pears on show
- A collection of Gloucestershire heritage apples from a local orchard
- Historic apples and pears from another 18th century period garden
- Vegetables from the Kitchen Garden, including onions and garlic
- At various times during the harvest festival fortnight, we will be apple and pear pressing, with the chance to taste the delicious, fresh organic fruit juice.
- Recipes from the restaurant
Activities for children and families
- Guess the weight of the Giant Marrow
- Quizzes and colouring activities on the harvest festival theme
- Find the squash